GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY
2. Current affairs- international, national and regional.
3. Basics of General Science and their relevance to the day to day life. Current developments in science, technology and information technology
4. History of Modern India with emphasis upon Indian national movement.
5. Economic development in India since independence.
6. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
7. Disaster management.
8. Geography of India with focus on A.P
9. Indian Constitution and Polity.
10. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
11. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems, including
a). Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital financial implications.
b). Division and rebuilding of common Institutions.
c). Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues.
d). Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs.
e). Implications to financial resources of state government.
f). Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments.
g). Socioeconomic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation.
h). Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues.
i). AP REORGANISATION ACT, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of certain provisions.
Importance of Lettering and Numbering – Figure Sizes and Proportions IS Standard Practice. Construction of Plain Geometric Figures (Lines Angles, Triangle, Rhombus, Quadrilaterals, Polygon etc) Orthographic Projection- Recommended methods of Projections as per IS code.
Construction of Ordinary Scale – Plain, & Comparative Diagonal, Vernier, & Scale of Chords.
Drawing Plan and Elevation of Points, Lines, Surfaces & Solids
Conventional Signs and Symbols as per IS Code for Engineering Drawings and Buildings Drawings
Drawing and detailing of
(a) Brick arrangements – Various types of Bonds,
(b) Stone Masonry & Stone Joints
(c) Foundations – Various types
(d) Damp Proof Course & Plinth Protection
(e) Roof types – Reinforced Concrete, Madras Terrace & Jack Arch,
(f) Flooring types – Timber Flooring, Steel Flooring, Tile Flooring,
(g) Arches & Lintels Carpentry Joints, Framing, Paneling and Moulding
(h) Doors types – Paneled, Glazed, and Flush Door,
(i) Windows & Ventilators
(j) Pitched Roof – Various types – King post, & Queen post,
(k) Steel Roof Trusses
(l) Stairs – Various types – Wooden, Steel and Reinforced Concrete – Spiral, Doglegged & Open Well
(m) Single Storied Residential House – Plan, Elevation and Section
(n) Cross section showing different types of Roads, Railway Track, Embankment and layout of Platforms
(o) Different types of Irrigation Structures
(p) Pipelines Joints Drainage Works, Manholes, Sanitary fittings,
(q) Forms of Rivet Heads, Types of Riveted Joints, Standard Steel Section, Standard Connections.
Surveying of Buildings Sites with Chain, Field Book Entries – Plotting – Calculation of Areas
Use of Prismatic Compass, Handling of Leveling Instrument – Differential Leveling, Surveying of Building Sites with Chain and Level for Calculation of Earth Work. Plotting of Longitudinal/Cross section, Drawing of Contours.