Code : 45102
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATIONS
PAPER -II: TOXICOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY
(No additional sheet will be supplied)
Time: 3 Hours Max Marks: 75
Answer any Five Questions
5 x 3 = 15 Marks
Each Question carries Three Marks
Each Answer should not exceed one (1) page
3. Radiation sources
5. Dosage forms
6. Routes of drug administration
4 x 15 = 60 Marks
Answer all Questions
Each Question carries Fifteen (I5 Marks)
Each Answer should not exceed Six (6) pages
9. What are teratogens? Explain their effect on mammalian development.
10. Give an account on the distribution, excretion and absorption of toxicants..
11. Describe in detail the toxic effects of metals.
12. Explain the mechanism of pesticide toxicity
13. Discuss the response of cells to various drugs
14. rite an account on the metabolism and excretion of drugs
15. Explain the properties of anesthetics with raference to barbiturates.
16. Discuss the role of pharmacological agents in allergic diseases