Internet addiction is the reason why people often snub social companion to concentrate on their smartphone, suggests a new research. According to researchers addiction to internet has proliferated this behaviour known as phubbing wherein they are prompted to “phub as well as experience being “phubbed in social situations.
The term “phubbing” represents the act of snubbing someone in a social setting by concentrating on one’s phone instead of talking to the person directly. The findings revealed that internet addiction, fear of missing out and lack of self-control predicated smartphone addiction.
Read Also : How to Shutdown your PC using to Smart Phone
This addiction, in turn, was directly linked to people phubbing behaviour. “This experience of phubbing and of being phubbed themselves made people more likely to think that phubbing was normal” behaviour said the. Varoth Chotpitayasunondh from the University of Kent in Britain. The study, published in the journal Computers in Human Behaviourwas designed to examine the psychological antecedents and consequences of phubbing behaviour.
You might like also :
- State Bank Freedom Plus is Now State Bank AnyWhere Mobile App.
- Type Different Languages in Your Android Smart Phone – Hitap Indic Keyboard -Free
- How to Increase Smart Phone Battery Life
- Increase Internet Speed with Opera Max Data Booster (Opera Max – Data booster)
- Computer Fundamentals | Computer Awareness Question Bank