1. Who is regarded as “the mother of Indian Revolution
- 1. Mrs. Annie Besant
- 2. Snehlata Wadekar
- 3. Sarojini Naidu
- 4. Madam Bhikaji Rustam Cama
2. The greatest merit of the Gandhi-Irwin Pact was that
- 1. The INC agreed to join the Second Round Table Conference
- 2. For the first time IN C. was treated on a footingVof equality as political opponents
- 3. Gandhi, “the halfnaked fakir ascended the stair-case of the Viceroyal Lodge
- 4. The IN.c gained a status and authority to speak for political India
3. Who of the following was not a supporter of Muslim League’s demand for Pakistan?
- 1. Muhammad Iqbal
- 2. Rahamat Ali
- 3. Abul Kalam Azad
- 4. B R. Ambedkar
4. Who said: “Political freedom is the life breath of a nation”.
- 1, Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- 2. Aurobindo Ghosh
- 3. Bipin Chandra Pal
- 4. Mahatma Gandhi
5. The name “Indian National Congress” was given by
- 1. Feroz Shah Mehta
- 2. S.N. Bannerjee
- 3. Dadabhai Naoroji
- 4. M.G. Ranade
6. A string of length 36 cm is bent into the form of a semi-circle. Its radius will be
- 1. 6 cm
- 2. 12 cm
- 3. 7 cm
- 4. 3 cm
7. A tree of height 24 m. on a roadside broke at a certain height and it fell in such a way that its top touched the other end of the road. If the breadth of the road be 12 m, then the height at which it broke was.
- 1. 9 m
- 2. 13 m
- 3. 6 m
- 4. 12 m
8. The difference in simple interest on Rs. 1000 for 2 years paid by two banks is Rs. 5. The difference in their rate of interest is:
- 1. 5%
- 2. 1%
- 3. 2.5%
- 4. 1/4%
9. A bag contains a number of 10 paise, 20 paise, 25 paise coins in the ratio 7 4 3. If the money value comes to Rs. 90, then the number of 25 coins in the bag is
- 1. 30
- 2. 160
- 3. 120
- 4. 280
10. Which one of the following is true regarding the Jawahar Rozgar Yojana (JRY)
- 1. It was launched during the Prime Minister ship of Indira Gandhi.
- 2. It aims at creating one million jobs annually.
- 3. The target group of JRY are the urban poor living below the poverty line.
- 4. Under the scheme “30% of the employment generated is reserved for women.
11. Bank Rate implies the rate of interest
- 1. paid by the Reserve Bank of India on the Deposits of Commercial Bank
- 2. charged by Banks on loans and advances.
- 3. payable on Bonds,
- 4. at which the Reserve Bank of India discounts the Bills of Exchange
12. Which one of the following not explicitly stated in the Constitution of India but followed as a convention?
- 1. The Finance Minister is to be a Member of the Lower House.
- 2. The Prime Minister has to resign if he loses majority in the Lower House.
- 3. All the parts of India are to be represented in the Council of Ministers.
- 4. In the event of both the President and the Vice-President demitting office simultaneously before the end, of their tenure the Speaker of the Lower House of the Parliment will officiate as the President.
13. Which one of the following was an emigree Communist Journal of M N. Roy?
- 1. Kisan Sabha
- 2. The Worker
- 3. Anushilan
- 4. Vanguard
14. In which one of the following crops international trade is low in the context of total produce?
- 1. Rice
- 2. Coffee
- 3. Rubber
- 4. Wheat
15. The Narasimham Committee for Financial Sector Reforms has suggested reduction in
- 1. SLR and CRR
- 2. SLR, CRR and Priority Sector Financing
- 3. SLR and Financing to capital goods sector
- 4. CRR, Priority seetor Financing and Financing to capital goods seetor
16. The minimum land area recommended for forest cover to maintain proper ecological balance in India is ?
- 1. 25%
- 2. 33%
- 3. 43%
- 4. 53%
17. A man is standing on the 6m long pole whose length of shadow is 8m. If the length of his shadow is 2.4m, what is the height of the man?
- 1. 1.4 m
- 2. 1.6 m
- 3. 1.8 m
- 4. 2.0 m
18. The paintings of rana Tagore are classified as ?
- 1. Socialistic
- 2. Realistic
- 3. Revivalistic
- 4. Impressionistic
19. If the angles of a triangle are in the ratio of 4:3:2 then the triangle
- 1. Is obtuse angld triangle
- 2. Has one angle greater than 80
- 3. Is a right triangle
- 4. Is acute angled triangle
20. From the third century AD when the Hun invasion ended the Roman Empire, the Indian merchants relied more and more on the ?
- 1. West-European trade
- 2. African trade
- 3. South-East Asian trade
- 4. Middle-Eastern trade
21. Endoscopy, a technique used to explore the stomach or other inner parts of the body, is based on the phenomenon of ?
- 1. Total internal reflection
- 2. Interference
- 3. Diffraction
- 4. Polarization