Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Public Health and Centre for Disease Control 426/27, 33rd cross, 18th main, 4th T – Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore- 560041 Invites Applications for the Admissions of Master of Public Health (Honours) [MPH (Hons.)] Course.
- The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences was established in 1996 under an act of legislation by the Government of Karnataka.
- The University has been approved by University Grants Commission (UGC), and is a self-contained state university.
- It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- The University promotes and imparts higher education in health sciences in the state of Karnataka.
- About 625 colleges providing graduate and postgraduate education in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Naturopathy, Homoeopathy, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and allied health sciences in the state are affiliated to RGUHS.
- The University launched a postgraduate degree course – Master of Public Health-(Honours) in the academic year 2014-15, to contribute to the pool of public health practitioners, teachers and researchers.
- This new honours course is innovative and the course design is unique. The course follows semester system and curriculum is competency based.
- The assessment will be continuous (formative) with sessional tests, quizzes, presentations, open book tests, case studies, critical reading of journals & term end examination.
- The course covers new areas such as values in public health, leadership and governance, universal health policy, ecological sensitivity, plural health systems, disaster preparedness and international & global health with a rights and social determinants perspective.
- The course uses diverse range of teaching -learning experiences and activities which includes focus on higher cognitive and communication skill development, case studies, field visits, postings to institutions and programmes, and more specifically and specially a period of internship within the course framework. Participants will be offered two electives – the first one will be research based (quantitative or qualitative) and the second one will be advanced options in areas covered by the curriculum.
- The classes for the first batch of the course commenced on 11th July, 2014 , the second batch on 1st July, 2015 and the third batch is due from July, 2016.
Ten Seats per Year.
The course commences from 1st July of each Year.
The course is of three years duration consisting of six semesters which includes six weeks of compulsory internship in the final semester.
Eligibility for admission ::
The Candidate must have a Degree i.e., MBBS or BDS or BAMS or BHMS or BUMS or BYNS or BSc (Nursing) or BPT from a university established under law and recognized by respective councils of India (Medical, Dental, AYUSH, and Nursing) where applicable. Or Equivalent qualification recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka and the respective regulatory bodies/ councils.
The course is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
However, this course is not recognized by the apex regulatory bodies i.e. Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, Indian Nursing Council, and Central Councils of Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy.
Admission is on merit which is based on the performance in the entrance test conducted by the RGUHS.
A total sum of INR. 49,200/-[Indian Rupees Forty Nine Thousand and Two Hundred] is presently the fees payable by the student per year.
The candidates who do not get salary/stipend/fellowship, etc., from any other sources will be considered for payment of a monthly stipend of INR 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand) subject to satisfactory academic progress.