Paper Code : 45104
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATIONS APRIL 2017
PAPER -IV: IMMUNOLOGY
(No additional sheet will be supplied)
Time: 3 Hours Max Marks: 75
Answer any Questions 5 x 3 = 15 Marks
Each Question carries Three (30 Marks
Each Answer should not exceed One (l) page
7. Rheumatoid arthritis
8. Digeorge’s syndrome
Answer all Questions 4 x 15 = 60 Marks
Each Question carries Fifteen (15 Marks
Each Answer should not exceed (6) pages
9. Give an account of primary and secondary lymphoid organs in detail
10. What is immunity? Describe the types of immunity with ble examples.
II. Explain the mechanism of cell mediated immunity.
12. Describe the different types of immunoglobulins and their functions.
13. What is hypersensitivity? Explain the various types of hypersensitivity with suitable
14. Write an account on different aspects of transplantation.
15. Discuss the types of immunodeficiency diseases with special reference to AIDs
16, what is immunization? Explain its role against active and passive immunity.