1. When a computer is working on given instructions it is called?
2. Hexadecimal has a base value of?
3. Which of the following is NOT a function of the control unit?
a. Read instructions
b. Interpret instruction
c. Direct operation
d. Execute instructions
4. The unit of storage used to represent a character is?
5. Which of the following storage media provides sequential access only?
a. Floppy disk
b. Magnetic disk
c. Magnetic tape
d. Optical Disk
6. Which of the following storage media used laser technology to store data
a. Floppy disk
b. Magnetic tape
d. Hard disk
7. The technology used to read pencil or pen marks on a multiple choice answer sheet
8. The MOST suitable device for the output of architectural drawing is a?
b. Laser printer
c. Graphics tablet
9. Which of the following output is an example of a hardcopy?
a. An oral speech delivered by a speaker
b. A bill produced from the printer
c. The display on a monitor
d. A picture on a wall produced from a multimedia projector
10. The decimal equivalent of 000011112 is?
11. The BCD representation of (-15) is?
12. In modern computers, the CPU speed is measured in?
13. Which of the following is not application software?
14. Which of the following is not a function of the operating system?
a. Control input/output operations.
b. Provides security
c. Perform calculation
d. Provide a friendly interface
15. An example of multitasking is?
a. Doing a background save while typing a document
b. Allowing many users to use the same program
c. Allowing one user to use one program
d. Operating one program by many users
16. Quality Developers is a company that writes programs to do specific jobs for other
companies. These programs are called?
a. General-purpose software
b. Special-purpose software
c. Custom-purpose software
d. Off-the-shelf software