Homophones are words having same sound with different meaning and spelling. Homonyms are words, having the same spelling but different meaning
1. Please keep _______ (quite/quiet).
Answer : He is _____(quite/quiet) correct.
2. There is a _________ (deer /dear) in the park.
Answer : She is _________ (deer/dear) to me.
3. Everyone has to _________ (die/dye) one day.
Answer : Don’t ________ (dye/die) your hair.
4. She wants to have beautiful __________ (heir/hair)
Answer : He is an ________ (hare/heir) to the property.
5. He has a _______ (right/rite) to vote.
Answer : He has performed the marriage _________(rights/rites).
6. He has produced the _____ (caste/cast) certificate to get scholarship.
Answer : Don’t_________ (caste/cast) pearls before a swine.
7. He _______ (quotes/coats) lines from Shakespeare.
Answer : He wears a costly _____ (coat/quote) for the function.
8. She _____ (prays/preys) to God everyday.
Answer : The eagle is a bird of _____ (pray/prey).
9. The classes are suspended due to bad _________ (Whether/weather) conditions.
Answer : I shall do it _______ (whether/weather) you like it or not.
10. He _______(cites/sites) the evidences in the court.
Answer : He has five cents of _______ (site/sight)
11. He is suffering from a dangerous ________ (disease/decease)
Answer : They have recognized the ______ (disease/deceased)
12. The officer ordered his men to _____ (seize/cease) the fire.
Answer : The enemy ________ (seized/ceased) the fort.
13. We sleep in the ________ (night/knight)
Answer : The ________ (knight/night) is for the security of the nation.
14. He has worn a _________ (new/knew) shirt.
Answer : He _________ (knew/new) the facts of the case.
15. We need _________ (piece/peace) of mind.
Answer : Take this _________ (piece/peace) of bread.
16. He shouted ________ (aloud/allowed)
Answer : He was ________ (allowed/aloud) into the class.
17. This car is for _______ (higher/hire )
Answer : This is a _______ (higher/hire) secondary school.
18.Please _______ (check/cheque) the luggage.
Answer : Take the ________ (cheque/check) and draw the money.
19. ______ (pour/pore) water into the glass.
Answer : Sweat passes through the _____(pores/pours) of the skin.
20. He has played a prominent ________ ( role/roll) in Indian politics.
Answer : Don’t ________ (role/roll) it.
21. She has a ________ (fare/fair) face.
Answer : What is the bus ______ (fare/fair) for Hyderabad.
22. It’s an interesting ______ (story/storey)
Answer : It’s a five ______ (storied/story) building.
23. This is a ______ (stationary/stationery) shop.
Answer : The bus dashed against a ___(stationary/stationery) lorry.
24. You have to take my _______ (advise/advice)
Answer : The police _______ (advice/advise) people to carry their driving licenses with them.
25. He has _______ (adapted/adopted) himself to the new environment.
Answer : She has ________ (adopted/adapted) a child.
26. The _________ (assent/ascent) of the Governor is necessary for the bill.
Answer : The __________ (ascent/assent) of Everest is difficult.
27. He has explained the topic with ________ (apposite/opposite) examples.
Answer : There is a college _________ (opposite/apposite) the hospital.
28. We have reserved two _________(berths/births) in the train.
Answer : The baby weighed three kilos at _______ (birth/berth)
29. Soldiers should act according to __________ (cannons/canons) in the battle.
Answer : India used the _________ (cannons/canons) in the kargil war
30. He played a _______ (dual/duel) role in the film.
Answer : The ______ (duel/dual) between John and Peter was interesting.
31. Gold is a valuable ________ (metal/mettle)
Answer : Indian Army proved its ________ (mettle/metal) in the kargil war.
32. He comes with _______ (bare/bear) feet.
Answer : I have seen a _________(bare/bear) in the forest.
33. He doesn’t eat ______ (meat/meet)
Answer : I want to ______(meet/meat) my friend tonight.
34. Many ___________ (complimented/complemented)
Answer : Nehru on his excellent English. Where is the _______(compliment/complement) in the sentence.
35. He is the _______ (sole/soul) surviving member of the family.
Answer : He believes that his _______(sole/soul) reaches god after his death.