1) Which country became first in the world to ban metals mining?
b. EI salvador
2) Which of the following statements are true about World Press Freedom Day?
a. Azaad is the shortest film selected by UNESCO to screen as a part of World Press Freedom Day
b. World press freedom day celebrated in Indonesia
c. The theme of the 2017 World Press Freedom Day that will be celebrated by UNESCO is “ Critical Minds for Critical times: Media’s role in advancing peaceful, just and Inclusive societies
d. All above are true
3) Among the following , which country has become the first to open an honorary consulate office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City(GIFT City)?
4) Who among the following was conferred by the CII president’s Award for life time achievement by the president Pranab Mukherjee recently?
a. Rahul Bajaj
b. Sumith mittal
c. Anand mahindra
d. Mukesh ambani
5) The First Indian city that has won Pierre L’enfant planning excellence and achievemnt awards-2017 which has been instituted by the American Planning Association is ……….?
6) President Pranab Mukherjee conferred 52nd Jnanpith Award to the eminent poet Sankha Ghosh. He is …………poet?
a. Telugu poet
b. Tamil poet
c. Bengali poet
d. Marathi poet
7) R K Pachnanda was recently appointed as the Director General of which Border police?
a. Indo-tibetan border
b. Indo-Pak border
c. Indo-Nepal border
d. Indo-Bhutan Border
8) Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar was recently appointed as the Director General of …………?
9) Srishti Kaur is the winner of which 2017 crown?
a. Miss world
b. Miss pacific
c. Miss Universe
d. Miss teen Universe
10) Who among the following has been made a member of two important commissions of the International Olympic committee’s governing body , olympic channel and Olympic education commission?
a. Tina ambani
b. Sudha krishnamurthy
c. Dona ganguly
d. Nita ambani
11) 24th april was observed globally as …?
a. World Lab animal day
b. World lab human day
c. World lab plant day
d. World lab agriculture day
12) Recently NASA successfully launched its heavy-lift super pressure balloon from wanaka. In which country is wanaka?
13) In which planet’s unexplored region NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has entered recently?
14) Which among the following think tank of union government on 26th april 2017 came up with a vision document 2031-32 that envisages a new india where evry indian will have houses with toilets, two wheeler cars, air conditioners, power and digital connectivity by 2032?
a. NITI Aayog
c. Pradhnamantri dhan jan yojna
d. Pradhanmanthri Aawas yojana
15) Which bank won 2017 Golden Peacock Innovative product/ Service Award?
a. Canara bank
b. Yes Bank
c. UCO Bank
d. Axis bank
16) Who is the winner of the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke award for 2016.?
a. Kasinathuni. Viswanath
b. Vinod khanna
c. Dilip kumar
d. K. Raghavender rao
17) National Panchayati Raj Day is observed for the first time on …………..?
a. 24th april 2010
b. 26th april 2010
c. 27th april 2010
d. 28th april 2011
18) India is the …………..largest military spender?
19) Which among the following statements are true about Goldman environmental Prize?
a. Gold man environmental prize is known as Green Noble
b. This prize was created in 1990. It is to honour grassroots environmentalists undertaking risk to their lives for the cause of protecting the environment
c. The award is given to six persons, one from six geographical regions of the world, namely, Africa, Asia, Europe, Islands and Island Nations, North America, and South & Central America.
d. All above are true
20) Among the following, which state forest department deployed drones for monitoring forest fires?
b. Uttar pradesh
d. Madhya pradesh
21) The Indian Navy successfully test- fired the land-attack version of which supersonic cruise missile on 21st April, 2017.?
d. Megh doot
22) Among the following which sport is/are not allowed in 2018 Asian Games?
d. All above
23) World Book and Copy right day was celebrated on ……….?
a. 23rd april
b. 24th april
c. 25th april
d. 26th april
24) All cows, their calves, oxen and bulls in the country will be tagged with a tamper proof Number to stop their smuggling. Identify that number?
25) Name the International Space Station’s commander who surpassed the record of 534 days, two hours and 48 minutes for most accumulated time in space?
a. Johnty whales
b. Emmy selson
c. Peggy whitson
d. Perun kilson
26) Name the indian social activist who is one of the winners of Goldman environmental Award 2017?
a. Prafulla samantra
b. Pradeep chaurasia
c. Veeren mehtha
d. Sundari chatopadhyay
27) Which country was recently elected to committee for programme and coordination?
28) Name the indian sprinter who recently clinched the 100 metres sprint at world master games held at Newzealand?
a. Sanu kaur
b. Man kaur
c. Poonam kaur
d. Pradeepa kaur
29) Which among the following indian films won the jury prize for best film at the Hong kong International film festival?
30) Which city is hosting the 2017 United Nations Oceans Conference?