1. Which of the following poses the greatest safety risk while being heated in a school laboratory?
- (A) A mixture of iron and sulfur
- (B) Mercury(II) oxide
- (C) Sodium chloride
- (D) Copper(II) sulfate hydrate
2. A piece of paper that appears blue in sunlight is illuminated solely by a red light that is passed through a green fi lter. What color does the paper appear under this illumination?
- (A) Blue
- (B) Green
- (C) Red
- (D) Black
3. What quantity of oxygen, O2 contains very nearly the same number of molecules as 36.0 grams of water, HO2?
- (A) 64.0 grams
- (B) 32.0 grams
- (C) 16.0 grams
- (D) 8.0 grams
4. A person heterozygous for the recessive gene for cystic fi brosis marries a person who does not carry or have the trait (homozygous dominant). What is the probability that the couple’s fi rst child will be a carrier?
- (A) 0.0
- (B) 0.25
- (C) 0.50
- (D) 1.0
5. Which of the following is matched with its correct function?
- (A) Ovule ….. production of pollen
- (B) Vascular cambium ….. formation of apical meristem
- (C) Xylem ….. transport of sugars
- (D) Guard cell ….. regulation of transpiration rate
6. Scientists believe that a worldwide catastrophic event occurred during the late Cretaceous period. One theory is that this event accounts for which of the following?
- (A) The movement of aquatic animals onto land
- (B) The sudden demise of the dinosaurs
- (C) The emergence of Homo sapiens on the grasslands of Africa
- (D) The fi rst appearance of mammals
7. The Earth’s seasons can be attributed primarily to which of the following in conjunction with its revolution about the Sun?
- (A) The tilt of the Earth’s axis of rotation relative to the ecliptic
- (B) The varying amount of sunspot activity
- (C) The Earth’s orbit about the Sun as an ellipse rather than a circle
- (D) The rotation of the Earth during a 24-hour day
8. If each of the following meals provides the same number of calories, which meal requires the most land to produce the food?
- (A) Red beans and rice
- (B) Steak and a baked potato
- (C) Corn tortilla and refried beans
- (D) Lentil soup and brown bread
9. Which of the following is most likely to cause a rise in the average temperature of the Earth in the future?
- (A) Atomic warfare
- (B) CO2
- (C) Dust clouds from volcanoes
- (D) Depletion of the Earth’s ozone layer from fossil fuels
10. Which of the following statements is correct about a trophic structure in which a leaf-eating grasshopper is eaten by a frog, which in turn is eaten by a snake?
- (A) The frog is a herbivore.
- (B) The snake is a secondary consumer.
- (C) The grasshopper is a primary consumer.
- (D) The snakes outnumber the grasshoppers in the community.
11. The accumulation of stress along the boundaries of lithospheric plates results in which of the following?
- (A) Earthquakes
- (B) Magnetic reversals
- (C) Hurricanes
- (D) Increased deposition of deep-sea sediments
12. Which of the following elements is a metal?
- (A) S
- (B) Se
- (C) I
- (D) Ga
13. How many moles of HCl must be added to suffi cient water to form 3 liters of a 2 M HCl solution?
- (A) 1 mol
- (B) 2 mol
- (C) 3 mol
- (D) 6 mol
14. When a gas turns into a liquid, the process is called
- (A) condensation
- (B) evaporation
- (C) deposition
- (D) sublimation
15. When cool air fl ows from a high mountain region to a region of lower elevation, the air will
- (A) increase in moisture content
- (B) become turbulent as fl ow storms develop
- (C) undergo adiabatic warming
- (D) undergo adiabatic cooling
16. Animals in which of the following groups may have a backbone and a spinal cord?
- (A) Mollusks
- (B) Chordates
- (C) Invertebrates
- (D) Echinoderms
17. Polarized sunglasses are used to cut glare from sunlight reflected at a glancing angle off cars, water, and other surfaces. Such sunglasses are a practical application of which of the following physical principles?
- (A) Brewster’s law
- (B) Lenz’s law
- (C) Coulomb’s law
- (D) Snell’s law
18. Which of the following parts of the Sun is easily visible only during a total solar eclipse?
- (A) Core
- (B) Photosphere
- (C) Sunspots
- (D) Corona
19. If equal and opposite charges are placed on the two plates of a parallel plate capacitor and the plates are then moved apart, which of the following remain(s) constant?
- (A) I only
- (B) II only
- (C) III only
- (D) I and II only
20. The true length of a block of wood is 1.010 cm. Three measurements of this block produced the following values: 1.4 cm, 1.2 cm, and 0.9 cm. Which of the following statements is true concerning these measurements?
- (A) They are precise and accurate.
- (B) They are precise but not accurate.
- (C) The are accurate but not precise.
- (D) They are neither precise nor accurate.
21. Which of the following items will be attracted to the north pole of a permanent magnet by a magnetic force?
- (A) The north pole of another permanent magnet
- (B) A piece of iron that is not a permanent magnet
- (C) A positively charged glass rod
- (D) A negatively charged rubber rod
You may also like :
- Current Affairs Quiz for RRB | IBPS | SSC CGL | APPSC | TSPSC Exams
- Reasoning Quiz for IBPS | SBI Clerks
- Geography Quiz for SSLC Exams – Geography Quiz
- Biology Questions and Answers for VIII th Class Student Level – Biology Quiz
- What is Mixed Economy ? SSLC – Economics Important Questions and Answers
- Why did America Enter The First World War ? SSLC History Questions and Answers
- List of Andhra Pradesh Governors – Governors of Andhra Pradesh
- Current Affairs Quiz for APPSC,TSPSC,RRB,SSC CGL and All Competitive Exams