1. Which approach considers that functions of management are sub-systems; the organization is a system where all these functions are interrelated?
(A) Empirical approach
(B) system approach
(C) Contingency approach
(D) socio- technical approach
2. From the system point of view, which of the following is not a characteristic of management?
(D) complex & interwined
3. What is the time horizon for the top level management?
(A) 10-15 years
(B) 0-5 years
(C) 10-20 years
(D) 5-10 years
4. Who is responsible for carrying out the decisions and policies made by the top management?
(A) Chairmen and managing director
(B) middle level management
(C) Lower level management
(D) head of the department
5. Which one of the following ends with decision making?
6. Which one of the following phrase best describes the management functions?
7. Which approach says that technology alone cannot make organization successful?
(A) system apporch
(C) case study approach
8. Which one of the following is not included in the communication process?
9. Which of the following refers to the measurement of actual performance with plan and taking remedial measures for improvement if necessary?
10.Who believed that worker’s performance was influenced by a number of factors such as working hours ,housing facilities ,kind treatment?
(A) Charles Babbage
(B) Robert owen
(C) Jameswatt JR
(D) Robinson baulton
11. Which one of the following activity is not accomplished in every industrial organization as given by Fayol?
12. What does ‘espirit de corps’stand for?
(A) team work
( B) right thing in the right place
(D)avoiding frequent transfers
13. Who is regarded as the father of scientific management?
(A) henri fayol
(B) MC gregor
(C) F.W. taylor
(D) Charles babbage
14. Who is regarded as the father of modern management?
15. Which one of the following is not the direction given to the workers as per scientific management?
(A) Work in the correct way
(B) discard the rule of thumb approach
(C) Ignore the functional areas of management
(D) volunteer for getting trained in new methods
16. Which one of the following is an argument against scientific management?
(A) Individual creativity is ignored
(B) stop worrying about how the surplus is divided
(C) Worker is reduced to a cog in the machine
(D)mobility among workers gets restricted
17. Which one of the following is not a benefit from scientific management?
(A) Improved working methods
(B) Control over work liberal
(D)high degree of accuracy
18. Who focused more on setting the organizational mechanisms right?
(A) EFL brech
19. Which of the following is not recognized in the maslow’s hierarchy of human needs?
(A) Safety needs
(B) esteem needs
(C) physical needs
(D) acceptance needs
20. Which one of the following is not a characterstic of theory X managers?
(A) Inherently lazy
(B) require constant guidance
(C) Avoid responsibility
(D) highly creative
21. Which one of the following is not a characteristic of theory Y managers?
(A) Capable of directing & controlling performance
(B) look for opportunities to out perform others
(C) do not show up any ambition
(D) higher rewards makes them more committed
22. Who identified that the formal organizational structure can be supplemented by an informal organization structure?
(A)victor H vroom
(D) Abraham Maslow
23. Who gave the concept of ‘Developing Culture’- Developing pro-organisational approach and shared values in the organization?
(A) Peters T & Waterman R
(B) Perter ME & Kolfler P
(C) Peters T
(D) Mintzberg H
24. Who defined the concept of ‘competitive advantage’ to include certain factors of competitive advantage such as customer satisfaction,latest technology etc?
(A) hammer M & champy J
(B) porter ME
(C) peters T & moss kanter
(D) mintzberg H
25. Which one of the following is not one of the fayol’s 14 principles of management?
(D) unity of direction
26. Name one of the following not related to the human relations period
27. Who gave the two factor theory of motivation?
28. In the modern management era,which one of the following is a key management issue?
(A) creating excellence
(B) empowering employees
(C) developing organizational approach
(D) managing change
29. What refers to the strength of an individual’s desire for a particular outcome?
30. According to chester barnard ,the cooperation within an organization does not depend on which factor?
31. Which of the following is not a characterstic of a formal organization?
(A) Able to communicate with one anoter
(B) Willing to act in an atmosphere of cooperation
(C) Share a common implicit purpose
(D) share a common explicit purpose
32. The obligation on the part of the subordinate to complete the given job is called