SCHEME AND SYLLABUS FOR THE POST OF FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT OFFICER IN A.P. FISHERIES SERVICE
PAPER-II SUBJECT 150 Marks
PAPER-III SUBJECT 150 Marks
NEGATIVE MARKS: As per G.O.Ms. No.235, Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy) Dept., Dt. 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
PAPER-I: GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- international, national and regional.
3. General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
4. Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Indian national movement.
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e - governance
6. Economic development in India since independence.
7. Geography of India with focus on Andhra Pradesh.
8. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
10. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
11. Data Analysis:
Tabulation of data
Visual representation of data
Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean and variance coefficient of variation etc.,) and Interpretation
12. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems, including
a). Loss of capital city, challenges in building new capital and it’s Financial implications.
b). Division and rebuilding of common Institutions.
c). Division of employees, their relocation and nativity issues.
d). Effect of bifurcation on commerce and entrepreneurs.
e). Implications to financial resources of state government.
f). Task of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments.
g). Socioeconomic, cultural and demographic impact of bifurcation.
h). Impact of bifurcation on river water sharing and consequential issues.
i). AP REORGANISATION ACT, 2014 on AP and the arbitrariness of Certain provisions.
PAPER-2. (SUBJECT)1. General principles of Taxonomy, outline classification and General characters on Non-Chordates and Chordates
2. General study of Parasitic and Pathogenic Protozoans, Helminthes and Arthopods with reference to Fish and Prawn culture
3. Phylum chordata – class – pisces – taxonomy – classification – general Morphology and Anatomy of chondricthyes and osteich-thyes and osteichthyes – general distribution of fish
4. Fish growth – Morphometric and Meristic characters
5. Food and feeding habits with special reference to Digestion in Fish
6. Respiration and osmo-regulation in fishes
7. Endocrine system of fishes
8. Reproductive system and breeding habit in fishes
9. Adaptations – migration of fishes
PAPER-3. (SUBJECT)1. Culturable varieties of fish (indigenous and exotic) and Prawns
2. Breeding methods – Natural – bundh – induced breeding
3. Fresh water aqua culture – fresh water fishery resources preparation and management of ponds – Aquatic weeds and control
4. Brackish water aquaculture – Brackish water fishery resources – management of brackish water ponds
5. General aspects of marine biology and mariculture – Mussel culture – Oyster culture – Fish and Crab culture and sea-weed culture
6. Study of major group of plankton and their importance in aquaculture
7. General account of fish and prawn diseases and their control
8. General principles of Ecology – aquatic ecosystem with reference to fresh water brackish water and marine environment
9. General methods of preservation and processing of fishes and prawns
10. Economic importance of fisheries – Fish by-products.